Christian Formation is a vast ministry area with a crucially important mandate: to foster Christian maturity among St. Mary's members individually and as a community. Effective Christian formation is evident in deeper understanding, deeper spiritual life and deeper service. To put it another way, Christian formation helps us "be devoted to God with our whole heart and to love one another with pure affection." (See Proper 9 collect in The Book of Common Prayer, page 230)
Children & Families Ministries
- Sunday School - A youth service with contemporary music, a lesson, and then a fun craft or physical activity. Kids join the adult service for the Holy Eucharist.
- Messy Church
Takes place the 2nd Saturday of each even-numbered month (February, April, June, August, October and December.) Messy Church has activities of interest to all - especially high school youth as well as younger kids.
- Youth ministry special events (including New Beginnings, Acolyte Festival, Rock the World)
- Family Fun Night
Potluck supper and movie, 2nd Saturday of each odd-numbered month (January, March, May, July, September, November)
- High School Kids Involvement
- Monthly outreach activity - first September 12th at Habitat for Humanity
- Wednesday night Bible study directed at Senior High Youth - beginning in November
- Monday Book Club - Noon on Monday, led by Mtr. Bobbie Parini
- Youth Bible Study - Tuesday evenings at 7:00 PM led by Fr. Bob Douglas
- Wednesday in the Word - Weekly Wednesday morning Bible Study at 10:30 AM led by Fr. Bob Douglas
- Women's Bible Study Wednesday evenings at 7:00 PM - led by Denise Wallace
Order of St. Luke
Click here for more information about the Order of St. Luke the Physician
- Member meetings: monthly meetings in season
- Sunday ministry: Prayer and healing during weekend services
- Special Activities: Advent Quiet Day, Lenten Quiet Day, and the annual Seder Supper on Maundy Thursday.
- Thursday group meeting
- Annual Retreat scheduled typically in February
- Centering Prayer - In season
Other Formation programs
- Advent Quiet Day, planned for Saturday, December 10th, 2016.
- Lenten Quiet Day, details to follow.
- Annual Seder Supper on Maundy Thursday.