Pastoral Care Team
St. Mary’s has a devoted Pastoral Care Team consisting of faithful members of our church whose spiritual gifting’s and sense of call is evidenced in the compassionate care of others. Each team member is dedicated to daily prayer for each person on our list, visitation of those not able to attend church services (in hospitals, nursing homes, Care Centers or places of residence), in addition to the study and devotion appropriate as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
All members are trained in the healing ministry such as The Order of St. Luke (OSL) or a similar Christian based healing program. Our Licensed Eucharist Visitor’s bring the Holy Sacrament to the homebound and to those who are unable to attend Sunday Eucharist due to extraordinary circumstances.
We meet every Wednesday morning to update the prayer list. We also address any concerns or needs of a team member or a person that they are assigned as a caregiver. Individuals also may be added, if requested, from the Healing Stations.
People are not added to the prayer list without their expressed desire to be included.
If you need pastoral care, or to add a friend or loved one to our prayer list, please call a member of our Clergy, contact the church office, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Several mandatory qualifications for being a member of this team are:
- Current certification in Safeguarding All God’s Children training
- Clear criminal background check
- A strict adherence to confidentiality
- Regular church attendance
- Never ending desire to enhance knowledge and understanding by study and reading
- A deep commitment to prayer, service, and love for our Lord, Jesus Christ.
In addition to the Pastoral Care Team, the other ministries available are:
- Outreach Holy Eucharist (several offered at local continuum of care communities)
- Recovery Eucharist (monthly hosted by St. Martin’s Ministry)
- Order of Saint Luke (healing prayer stations at each of the weekend services)
- Walking the Mourners Path (Grief Ministry)
- Veterans Ministry
- Prayers Shawl Ministry