Christian Formation is a vast ministry area with a crucially important mandate: to foster Christian maturity among St. Mary’s members individually and as a community. Effective Christian formation is evident in deeper understanding, deeper spiritual life and deeper service. To put it another way, Christian formation helps us “be devoted to God with our whole heart and to love one another with pure affection.” (See Proper 9 collect in The Book of Common Prayer, page 230)
Children & Families Ministries
- Youth Director - St. Mary's has a young, dedicated Youth Director who is a lifelong Episcopalian.
- Sunday School - A youth service with contemporary music, a lesson, and then a fun craft or physical activity. Kids join the adult service for the Holy Eucharist.
- Youth ministry special events - St. Mary’s offers a wide variety of youth activities tailored to the interests of the youth participants.
- Monday Book Club - Noon on Monday, led by Mtr. Bobbie Parini
- Wednesday in the Word - Weekly Wednesday morning Lectionary Bible Study at 10:30 AM led by Fr. Bob Douglas
- Women's Bible Study Wednesday evenings at 7:00 PM - led by Denise Wallace
- Teen Bible Study - twice per month at locations outside the church, led by Fr. Bob Douglas
- Good Book Club Lenten Discipline - daily prescribed readings in the Gospel of St. Luke and the Acts of the Apostles supported by group discussions, talks by Fr. Michael, printed and online commentaries.
Other Formation programs
- Advent Quiet Day, Saturday, December 9th, 2017.
- Annual Seder Supper on Maundy Thursday.
St. Mary's Parish Library
- St. Mary's collection of books and written materials is being organized utilizing a software database system which will allow easy searching by author or topic for parishioners.
- Monthly Men's Breakfast with Bible reading and prayer, periodic special speakers
- Annual Fish Fry
- Centering Prayer - In season